WIST Memorial Weekend
Thank You to All of our Parents for Volunteering at the WIST!!!!
It takes a lot of volunteers to make the WIST happen. With over 300 volunteers working we will put on one of the largest and best tournaments in Ohio.
The WSA appreciates all the support the parents give to making the WIST possible.
* Wednesday Night, May 22, 2013 Registration at Panini's - Volunteers that are unfamiliar with the registration process, please arrive by 5:30PM for instructions. Registration is from 6PM - 9PM
* Wednesday Night, May 22, 2013 Set up at the Rec Center - Meet at the pavilion at 6PM for set up instructions
* Thursday Night, May 23, 2013 Set up at the Rec Center - Meet at the pavilion at 6PM for set up instructions
* Friday Night, May 24, 2013 Registration at the Holiday Inn Westlake - Volunteers that are unfamiliar with the registration process, please arrive by 5:30PM for instructions. Registration is from 6PM - 9PM
For the weekend:
Teams have been assigned field locations
Each team will need to assign volunteers to fill every shift
Every volunteer should check in to the field location's HQ tent, 10 minutes prior to scheduled time to sign in and get your assignment
Some key WIST facts you may not be aware of:
* There are 195 teams registered for our tournament..
* The ECONOMIC IMPACT to Westlake, and our immediate area, is OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS.(data provided by the US Youth Soccer Foundation economic impact model).
* WSA pays for some of the upkeep of the our school and fields (maintaining,mowing,striping,etc.)over $20,000 a year.
* WSA gives thousands of dollars in scholarships to graduating seniors from any school who properly qualify and were members of the WSA.
* The WSA donates each year to the Westlake High School Booster club, and that the money is used solely for the boy and girls SOCCER PROGRAM.
* On average the WIST reduces the travel program fees by $145 per player and saves thousands for each team providing a quality tournament experience.
WSA Fields Hotline
For the latest field info, please call the hotline 216-556-4290
Rec Registration for Fall 2013 is Open
Rec Soccer registration for fall 2013 season is open! Get a 20% discount if you sign up by 6/1/13!
Travel Soccer Tryout Information
Travel Soccer Tryouts begin at the end of April 2013 for boys and girls
1) All tryouts begin at 5:30pm
2) Dress for soccer and bring a soccer ball and water bottle.
3) Print out the registration packet and bring all the completed forms to the tryouts (see travel tryout tab for details). All NEW players will need a 1x1 photo.
New travel soccer players will need to bring a copy of their birth certificate
4) Register online. Click Here
5) Parents will be able to pay the Fall Registration fee on online and upload a new photo if they desire to . They MUST complete and provide all paperwork requested in the registration packet.
6) If the player was rostered during the 2012-2013 TRAVEL season on a WESTLAKE TRAVEL team they do not need to provide a new picture as we will use the one uploaded in the database.
Click on the travel tryout schedule tab for more information on fields and times.
Travel Packets with a link to online registration:
Uniforms and Spirit Wear for Travel and Rec
Ordering of Westlake Soccer Spirit Wear and Uniforms is now closed.
WIST Latest News and Updates
The 30th annual WIST will be held Memorial weekend, May 24 - 26, 2013
Registration deadline is April 15th.
Check out our web site at http://westlakeinvitational.com/ .
Follow the WIST on Facebook
Working on the Website
The Westlake Soccer Association is actively updating and changing our website over the next few months to make it more informative and user friendly for everyone.
Please work with us during this time to report any errors or make any suggestions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation, understanding and feedback during this process!!
Westlake Soccer Association Mission Statement
Westlake Soccer Association vision
To assist and teach our entire community of players the game of soccer, both recreational and competitive, by developing tactical and technical skills as well as important life lessons that will provide them a foundation to reach their highest goals later in life, whether athletic or personal. All players are important members of both their teams and our soccer community and are treated with respect, thoughtfulness and esteem. Both the needs of the individual and those of the team are stressed with equal importance as practices and games are conducted with thought, preparation and a long term outlook first in mind. Healthy competition is supported and fostered as a necessary means for our young athletes to learn these valuable lessons.
Checks and Correspondence can be mailed to:
Westlake Soccer Association
PO Box 45269
Westlake, OH 44145
visitors since 10/31/2007